GTA events planner: 5 things to do this weekend (Aug. 12-14)
It’s a serious collection of cultures this weekend for GTA events: African, Caribbean, Latin, South Asian…
It’s that and more, in fact. Check out our list of five weekend events.
Use the links provided to find out more details of the listed events including times, cost and locator maps. If you’re looking for events in a specific area of the GTA, check out the links in purple to access additional GTA events in your area.
Toronto events calendar | York Region events calendar | Mississauga events calendar | Brampton events calendar | Durham Region events calendar | Halton Region events calendar | Simcoe County events calendar
1. At Harbourfront in Toronto, it’s the HABARI AFRICA FESTIVAL. Friday to Sunday. Explore the rich and diverse cultures of the African continent, with a special focus on West Africa.
2. Out in Oshawa, it’s the OSHAWA ROTARY RIBFEST Get great food and entertainment from Friday to Sunday at Lakeview Park.
3. On Eglinton Avenue West in Toronto, it’s the YORK EGLINTON INTERNATIONAL STREET FESTIVAL. Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy the tastes of the Caribbean, Latin, Portuguese and Italian communities.
4. At Celebration Square in Mississauga, it’s the MOSAIC SOUTH ASIAN HERITAGE FESTIVAL. Friday and Saturday. Art. Culture. Cuisine. Bollywood. All in one spot!
5. From Friday to Sunday, this weekend and next, it’s a DAY OUT WITH THOMAS with the York-Durham Heritage Railway. Thomas the Tank Engine, Sir Topham Hat, and plenty of family activities. Uxbridge Train Station.