GTA events planner: 5 things to do this weekend (Aug. 5-7)
So there’s ribs, there’s Caribbean jerk food, there’s a food truck festival on… and don’t let us get started about Taste of the Danforth.
Yep, it’s that kind of a weekend in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Use the links provided to find out more details of the listed events including times, cost and locator maps. If you’re looking for events in a specific area of the GTA, check out the links in purple to access additional GTA events in your area.
Toronto events calendar | York Region events calendar | Mississauga events calendar | Brampton events calendar | Durham Region events calendar | Halton Region events calendar | Simcoe County events calendar
1. A ‘Celebration of Taste and Culture’, KRINOS TASTE OF THE DANFORTH runs from Friday to Sunday and boasts more than a million attendees, lots of free activities, and of course, a wide variety of mouth-watering food.
2. Just east of Toronto in Pickering, it’s the PICKERING FOOD TRUCK FESTIVAL. Good food, cold beer, eating challenges.. all that and more at Esplanade Park Friday to Sunday.
3. There’s a pair of ribfests up in York Region. On the east side, it’s the STOUFFVILLE COUNTRY RIBFEST from Friday to Sunday at Memorial Park. Ribs, food, beer, margaritas and music. Also Friday to Sunday, there’s the WOODBRIDGE RIBFEST too. Food, music, rides and vendors at the Woodbridge Fairgrounds.
4. If ribs aren’t your thing, how about Caribbean jerk food? It’s JERKFEST TORONTO 2016 at Centennial Park in the Etobicoke part of Toronto on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
5. Saturday and Sunday at Celebration Square in Mississauga, it’s the MISSISSAUGA LATIN FESTIVAL. Food, shows and other entertainment.